WHY IT PAYS TO PLAY EUROMILLIONS
If you thought you knew everything there was to know about EuroMillions, think again! Check out the facts below and then you truly will.
- Euromillions was launched on 7th February 2004, and its first draw was held on Friday 13th February.
- In 2011 an additional weekly draw was introduced to the game. Draws now take place every Tuesday and Friday night, in Paris.
- Players need to choose five numbers from 1 to 50 and two Lucky Stars from 1 to 11 to play EuroMillions.
- There are 13 ways to win a prize. Match five numbers plus the two Lucky Stars to win the jackpot, or a combination of main numbers with or without the Lucky Stars to win lower tier prizes. The smallest monetary prize requires just two main numbers to ensure a win.
- Every player who purchases a UK EuroMillions ticket is automatically entered into the UK Millionaire Raffle Draw.
- Two UK ticket-holders become Millionaire Raffle lottery winners every week.
- The odds of winning the EuroMillions jackpot are 1 in 116,531,800
- 2013 started well, with a UK lottery jackpot winner on 1st January plus 25 Euromillions Millionaire Raffle winners.
- EuroMillions biggest UK lottery jackpot win to date is £161m, and was won by husband and wife team Colin and Chris Weir in July 2011.
- Other big UK winners include Adrian and Gillian Bayford, who won the jackpot worth £148m in August 2012.
- EuroMillions tickets can be purchased via online lotto sites and in retail outlets.
- You should play EuroMillions because the odds of winning a prize are approximately 1 in 13.The prizes, including the jackpot, are also tax-free.
- The jackpot has the capacity to reach a whopping €190 million.
- EuroMillions also holds Superdraws to give players extra opportunities to win life-changing lottery prizes. The next Superdraw is scheduled for Friday 22nd March with a €100 million jackpot up for grabs.
Now you can purchase your EuroMillions lottery tickets online at Lottery24.com.