Back to news
WHY IT PAYS TO PLAY EUROMILLIONS
If you thought you knew everything there was to know about EuroMillions, think again! Check out the facts below and then you truly will.
- Euromillions was launched on 7th February 2004, and its first draw was held on Friday 13th February.
- In 2011 an additional weekly draw was introduced to the game. Draws now take place every Tuesday and Friday night, in Paris.
- Players need to choose five numbers from 1 to 50 and two Lucky Stars from 1 to 11 to play EuroMillions.
- There are 13 ways to win a prize. Match five numbers plus the two Lucky Stars to win the jackpot, or a combination of main numbers with or without the Lucky Stars to win lower tier prizes. The smallest monetary prize requires just two main numbers to ensure a win.
- Every player who purchases a UK EuroMillions ticket is automatically entered into the UK Millionaire Raffle Draw.
- Two UK ticket-holders become Millionaire Raffle lottery winners every week.
- The odds of winning the EuroMillions jackpot are 1 in 116,531,800
- 2013 started well, with a UK lottery jackpot winner on 1st January plus 25 Euromillions Millionaire Raffle winners.
- EuroMillions biggest UK lottery jackpot win to date is £161m, and was won by husband and wife team Colin and Chris Weir in July 2011.
- Other big UK winners include Adrian and Gillian Bayford, who won the jackpot worth £148m in August 2012.
- EuroMillions tickets can be purchased via online lotto sites and in retail outlets.
- You should play EuroMillions because the odds of winning a prize are approximately 1 in 13.
The prizes, including the jackpot, are also tax-free.
- The jackpot has the capacity to reach a whopping €190 million.
- EuroMillions also holds Superdraws to give players extra opportunities to win life-changing lottery prizes. The next Superdraw is scheduled for Friday 22nd March with a €100 million jackpot up for grabs.
Now you can purchase your EuroMillions lottery tickets online at Lottery24.com.